FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA ALERT - Mental Health Week
Box Hill Hospital - 8 Arnold St, Box Hill VIC -
Eastern Health will lead a “Wellbeing Walk” at Box Hill Hospital on Tuesday 8 October to launch an awareness campaign to get people walking and talking about mental health.
Led by mental health clinicians and consumer representatives, Eastern Health’s main event will include musical performances, lived experience speakers and a range of activities for staff, volunteers, patients and visitors to get involved.
“This is a great opportunity for us to get people together to highlight the importance of talking about mental health. It’s something that many people experience and it’s vital that we create environments where people feel comfortable talking to their peers, offering messages of hope, sharing stories of recovery,” Bronwyn Williams, Eastern Health Mental Health NDIS Program Lead said.
Tuesday 8 October, 2019
Box Hill Hospital Atrium – 8 Arnold St, Box Hill
- Senior mental health clinicians
- Lived experience speakers
- Annie Rawson, Consumer
- Chris Dixon, Consumer Peer Support Worker, Upton House, Eastern Health
- Andrew Jobe, Carer
- Wellbeing walk participants
· Wellbeing walk, staff and members of the public walking through the hospital and nearby park
· Performances by Melbourne Polytechnic musicians
· Lived experience speakers
· A tree of hope, attendees will be writing messages and adding them to the tree
Media contact: Ashlea O’Hea – Eastern Health Communications Advisor – (03) 9895 4879 or 0439 371 084
After hours media inquiries - (03) 9895 3243
ConnectWeb and AAP Directories, a division of Australian Associated Press are not responsible for the content of this Media Release