EMBARGOED UNTIL June 25, 2020 10:00 AM
SOUTHPORT BUSINESSES SWAPPING CASH FOR QOIN
Southport, Gold Coast -
Media Release | INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE
Thursday 25 June 2020
SOUTHPORT BUSINESSES SWAPPING CASH FOR QOIN
SOUTHPORT RESTAURATEUR ACCEPTING DIGITAL CURRENCY
DIGITAL CURRENCY INCREASES IN VALUE IN ONLY ONE WEEK
Southport restaurants have added digital currency to the menu as customers and suppliers can now pay without cash.
Southport restaurateur Tajinder Singh Jandu (aka Chabbi) who owns and operates Chabbi’z Tandoori Kitchen has already had two wins since joining the newest digital currency, Qoin (Eds; pronounced ‘coin’), only one week ago.
“I’ve seen an increase in the value of my Qoin in just one week. I started with 400 in Qoin and it’s now 525. I’ve also served my first customer who paid using Qoin.”
Mr Jandu, who has worked in hospitality for 20 years and owned his own restaurant since 2018, says Qoin is perfect for the restaurant business.
“When I first heard about Qoin, I said ‘why not?’. I can spend Qoin and other merchants are more willing to take Qoin over other digital currencies. I think people are more interested in and open-minded about digital currency now.
“The value of Qoin is continuing to go up and you’re not losing anything as there are no fees on Qoin transactions. It works like a dollar. The money is there in your account, it can be used wisely and you’re not losing money.”
Since first starting in his uncle’s restaurant in February 2000, Mr Jandu opened his first and present restaurant at the same location in February 2020, next to the Qoin Head Office in Scarborough Street, Southport.
“In the restaurant business, we’re doing a lot of cash business and Qoin works in practically the same way.
“Almost as fast as a traditional cash transaction, Qoin allows my customers to pay device to device.
“I open the QR code in my device and my customer opens the camera on their device to scan it. Within one minute, the money is transferred. I intend to use Qoin with both customers and suppliers.”
Over the space of just two months, around 3,000 small business merchants, including many in the Southport, are now accepting Qoin, the newest digital currency built on blockchain that offers cashless transactions.
And now the Southport is being specifically approached following research undertaken by Qoin that shows Southport businesses and merchants are keen to get involved in digital currencies.
Qoin Australia Chief Marketing Officer Andrew Barker says, “We have done our homework in the Southport and we have a dedicated team of independent agents that are in contact with Southport businesses.
“The current economic climate off the back of COVID-19 has encouraged many businesspeople to open their eyes to new ways of doing business and that includes digital currency.”
Mr Barker says the time is ripe for digital currencies, like Qoin, as coronavirus has paved the way for small businesses to consider digital currencies to attract new customers and facilitate instore transactions.
“With coronavirus restrictions easing, we’re seeing consumers leaving their homes and heading back to local businesses. The small business merchants taking up Qoin are ready for this groundswell of new and returning customers.”
- The Qoin Association was established in Queensland, Australia in 2019.
- The Qoin Association is a membership organisation that provides a framework for governance of the Qoin blockchain and reserve.
- The founding members of the Qoin association are Blockchain Investment Group (BCI), owner of Bartercard International (the world’s largest retail trade exchange), and One Light Charity Foundation Public Trust. One Light has been a registered charity foundation for close to 10 years, partnering with over 10,000 merchants to help combat extreme suffering in their local communities.
- Qoin has been designed to offer both business’ and consumers the opportunity to transact on a day to day basis or accumulate digital assets for potential future growth and liquidity. Through a directory based Qoin wallet, consumers are able to search, contact and transact with their favourite merchants in store and online.
- For more general information, go to www.qoin.world
- For technical information go to the Qoin White Paper located on www.qoin.world
Tajinder Singh Jandu (aka Chabbi)
Chabbi’z Tandoori Kitchen
0406 006 260
Chief Marketing Officer
0421 255 104
ConnectWeb and Directories, a division of Mediality Pty Ltd, are not responsible for the content of this Media Release